Hello, good evening and welcome to the shiny new blog. It's been a while coming, but hopefully now it's here it will be useful and fun. I see it as a way of keeping everybody interested between our actual 'real life' meetings - a month is a long time in the world of books, and any interim communication will surely be a good thing. Also, we will be able to suggest books in advance which will give me more time to order them if the library doesn't have enough copies. So get suggesting, people!
If anyone has any other ideas regarding how the blog should work, what it should include or what it should look like then don't hold back. Something like this needs the ideas of a group in order to grow successfully.
I suppose we really should start things off with some kind of discussion about this month's book, but I've only read the first 150 pages, so I will leave that particular job to someone else. Opinionated rants are more than welcome. It's all yours...
Thursday, 4 February 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hi everyone!
ReplyDeleteJust to say I too haven't quite finished 'Small Island' on audio-cassette (tee hee). I've just about 3 tapes to go and have enjoyed and been frustrated by Andrea Levy's writing style. Sometimes the words seem to have been picked from a Thesaurus and don't quite fit even though they ought to. Sorry to sound critical about that because there was lots to enjoy about the storyline and the descriptions. I could really imagine being in post-war Britain for example, with the rashioning and the creative use of basic provisions. The humour was magical, just right too. Maybe I'll jot again before we meet but donn't hold your breath!
Yo Guys,
ReplyDeleteIf you’ve a Google account (they own blogger) you can use that to log in, that way we’ll know who said what !
Ronald Reagan (actually JD!)